Robust Backhaul, Today!
The INTRALINK™ product family of Point-to-Point MW radios - from 6 GHz to 38 GHz - delivers reliable wireless connections as required by the demanding backhaul and private network applications.
The products are using advanced radio technology transporting native TDM and native Ethernet traffic, allowing for a cost-effective backhaul of 2G / 3G & 4G networks.
The INTRALINK™ rich-feature and future-proof platform meets the operators' most stringent demands by offering unparalleled configuration flexibility to support complex network architectures. With the ability to handle any TDM & Ethernet traffic mix, INTRALINK™ enables wireless carriers to implement PDH / Super PDH / SDH and pure Ethernet access and aggregation networks.
- Hybrid technology - effective transport of TDM traffic today and instant migration to Ethernet tomorrow.
- Pay-as-you-grow, scalable architecture - granular capacity management.
- Straightforward modular design (ISR), with hot-swappable modules, for:
- Carrier-class reliability
- Fast deployment & upgrade
- Spectrum utilization - the available air bandwidth is efficiently used to transport a configurable mix of native TDM and native Ethernet traffic simultaneously.
- High performance - assured reliability and always-available capacity, assisted by leading technologies, and offering:
- Reliability through self-healing redundancy.
- Network scalability without service interruption.
- Minimum network maintenance.
The INTRALINK™ family of products offers a rich set of features to allow for a wide range of network applications:
- High transmission rates - up to 360 Mbit/s net throughput, upgradeable to 720 Mbit/s (over a single 56 MHz channel with XPIC).
- High capacity agility from a single 1RU indoor unit:
- Native TDM & native Ethernet
- Options for TDM and Ethernet capacity: 2 x E1 to 126 x E1, up to 360Mbit/s capacity for Ethernet
- Options for Ethernet interfaces: from 2 x FE to 4 x GbE
- Options for STM1: 1 x STM-1 to 3 x STM-1 (VC-12)
- Options for TDM interfaces: 2 x E1 to 63 x E1
- Internal add/drop multiplexer for SDH ring configurations.
- Rich-featured Ethernet functionality:
- Up to 16 user-defined VLANs
- Transparent pass of VLAN-tagged frames
- Tagging of ingress frames / untagging of egress frames
- Q-in-Q double-tagging
- Support of Jumbo frames (4000 / 9728 bytes)
- Diversity of channel sizes (3.5 MHz to 56 MHz).
- Robust transmission - 120 dB system gain.
- Hitless radio switching capability.
- Adaptive Coding & Modulation (ACM).
- Software-selectable modulation - QPSK / 16-QAM / 32-QAM / 64-QAM / 128-QAM / 256-QAM - for spectral efficiency and adherence to worldwide regulatory emissions guidelines.
- State-of-the-art network management (uni|MS™)
Through a big variety of legacy PDH / SDH and Ethernet interfaces, INTRALINK™ enables flexible fault-tolerant configurations covering a wide range of demanding backhaul & transport applications. Its rich features (Ethernet QoS, integrated add/drop multiplexer, native SDH transmission, etc.) allow realizing complex network architectures.
The typical applications for INTRALINK™ product family include:
- Backhaul for 2G / 3G & 4G networks.
- Private corporate networks.
- Special purpose communication and control networks for utility companies.
- Backhaul for TETRA networks
The figure below depicts typical applications and network topologies enabled by the INTRALINK™ ISR and IDR-LC systems.
INTRALINK™ is a split-mount system mainly composed of a compact 1RU indoor unit (ISR, IDR-LC) and the outdoor radio units (ODU) with integrated antennas.
IDR-LC Indoor Unit
- Cost-effective compact (1RU) solution for network edge deployments and low cost-per-bit.
- Legacy TDM & Ethernet backhaul - up to 34 Mbit/s capacity.
- Seamless integration to 3G / 2G networks.
- Protected 1+1 link configurations (HSB / FD / SD).
ISR Indoor Unit
- Modular & compact (1RU).
- Up to 360 Mbit/s capacity (over a single 56 MHz channel) - 720 Mbit/s with XPIC.
- Native Ethernet & native TDM solution.
- Cost-effective design with hot-swappable modules.
- Pay-as-you-grow capacity expansion.
- Ethernet QoS
- Single-chassis configurations with two modems:
- 1+1 (HSB / FD / SD)
- 2+0 East / West, for repeater stations or ring deployments
- 2+0 East / East, for maximum traffic throughputs
- Adaptive Coding & Modulation (ACM).
- Embedded add/drop multiplexer.
- Up to 56 MHz radio channel.
ODU Radio Unit
- Universal - any capacity, any channel size, any traffic type.
- Complete homogeneous family (from 6 GHz to 38 GHz).
- Leading 120 dB system gain.
- High-power, high-performance.
- Compact & lightweight for easy installation.
- Robust, environmentally-hardened housing.
- Integrated symmetrical or asymmetrical couplers for protected link scenarios (1+1 HSB, 1+1 FD).
- Integrated antenna up to 1.8 m.
- Highest-performance XPIC implementations using advanced design.
- Orthomode Transducer (OMT) systems.